The HFW59D detects wireless technologies such as Radar, Bluetooth, WLAN, WiMAX and cordless telephones, which operate in the higher frequency range of 2.4GHz–10GHz. It has been designed to detect, measure, and provide Audio Signal Analysis of the modulated signals generated within this range, including the high radar frequency band at 8.5 through 9.5GHz (Aviation and Air Traffic Control radar, marine, military, and weather radar), 4G and early 5G. The HFW59D can achieve all this, thanks to its custom-designed log-per antenna and its excellent directional characteristics.
- Peak Value, and Average Value, of the modulated part of the signal.
- Its patented Peak Hold mode features extremely short response time, and is optimized for precise response to complex RADAR signals and bursts of less than 0.5 microseconds, and equally useful for pulses emitted by smart meters. You can choose a time setting for the droop rate.
- Accuracy / Linearity Tolerance: +/– 3dB; Zero offset and rollover +/- 5 digits
- Measurement Range: Power flux density: 1-1999 μW/m²; optionally 0.01-19,999 μW/m², via three Measuring Ranges:
Measurement Range: Min: 1 – 1999 μW/m²
Measurement Range: Max: 0.01 – 19.99 mW/m²
Measurement Range (with opt DG20 attenuator): Min: 0.01 – 19.99 mW/m²
Measurement Range (with opt DG20 attenuator): Max: 1 – 1999 mW/m²
Measurement Range (with opt HV20 pre-amp): Min: 0.01 – 19.99 μW/m²
Measurement Range (with opt HV20 pre-amp): Max: 0.1 – 199.9 μW/m²
- Contains an internal high pass filer at 2.4GHz to reliably suppress the often dominant GSM and DECT cordless phone frequencies
- Maximum video band width (VBW) enabling capture of even the shortest radar pulses, under 0.5μS.
- Sophisticated Source Identification via its Directional LogPer antenna – readings and audio indicators increase when the antenna is pointed in the direction of, or moved closer to sources, targeted or otherwise).
- Audio Analysis: Identification of pulsed radiation sources (WLAN, WiFi, radar, etc.) and determination of increasing/decreasing emissions via an acoustic signal proportional to the modulation frequency and the field strength.
- AC/DC signal output ports: Calibrated AC measurement output for the demodulated signal, scalable DC output. Facilitates equipment interfacing: oscilloscopes / spectrum analyzers / full audio assessment / data logging (5mV DC or 10mV per digit) switchable.
- Also available is a 3.3GHz HIGHPASS FILTER to narrow the bandwidth of the HFW59D from 2.4GHz-10GHz to 3.3GHz-10GHz, in order to avoid overlap with lower frequencies covered by the HF59B if you use one.
- LCD Display: Easy to read 3.5 digit display
- Power Supply: Rechargeable battery (NIMH supplied) – compatible with 9 Volt alkaline battery
- Battery Recharging Unit: 12 VDC battery charger supplied
- Battery Low Indicator: Meter will auto–power off 3 minutes following battery low signal display
- Auto Power Off: Saves on battery use – will auto–power off after 40 min of continuous EMF testing
- Operating Time: NIMH provides up to 7 hours continuous use. An alkaline disposable can provide for up to 24hrs continuous EMF testing
- Dimensions: 71x225x31 mm (WxLxH) approx 2–3/4x9x1.25 inches
- Weight: Approx. 270 grams
- Carrying Case: Sturdy plastic carrying case included (33x27x16) cm (13×10.6×6.2) inches
- User Guide: HFW59D RF Analyzer
- Calibration certificate for each HFW59D confirming factory calibration to a traceable standard
- 2-year Warranty (return to factory)