(700MHz to 2.7GHz, 3.3GHz usable, or optional 27MHz to 3.3GHz)
We feel this is an extraordinary instrument, offering the best price/performance ratio in the market today.
Its functions and features are tailored to the needs and practical experiences of RF technicians, Building Biologists, engineers, scientists, industrial Health and Safety, and pre-compliance R&D and product development.
It readily affords a competent and professional assessment of HF exposures between 700 MHz and 3.3MHz, using its Logarithmic Periodic (logPer) horizontally and vertically polarized antenna, ensuring less ripple, better directionality, improved shielding vs. ground, with the option to assess down to 27MHz using the omni-directional antenna (UBB27) pictured above.
- RMS, Peak, Peak Hold.
- Its Peak Hold mode (patented) features extremely short response time, and is optimized for precise response to complex RADAR signals and bursts down to 0.50 microseconds, and equally useful for pulses emitted by smart meters. You can also choose a time setting for the droop rate.
- Accuracy / Linearity Tolerance: +/– 3dB
- Measurement Range: Power flux density: 0.01-19,999 μW/m², via three Measuring Ranges:
Max 0.01–19.99 mW/m²
Med 0.1–199.9 μW/m²
Min 0.01–19.99 μW/m²
With optional attenuator DG20 (to measure very strong signals – it boosts the meter’s maximum measuring range by a factor of 100 (20dB) which means exposure levels up to 2,000,000 μW/m² can be accurately assessed):
Max 1–1999 mW/m²
Med 0.01–19.99 mW/m²
Min 0.001–1.999 mW/m²
With optional amplifier HV10 (Increases the sensitivity by a factor of 10 (= 10dB), which is nominal 0.001 μW/m²):
Max 1–1999 μW/m²
Med 0.01–19.99 μW/m²
Min 0.001–1.999 μW/m²
- Detects RF radiation generated by cellular phones and cordless phones (DECT); microwave ovens; Radar; wireless communication devices (such as internet routers, WLAN, Wi-Fi, baby monitors, Bluetooth, video games); smart meters; cell phone towers in the operational range of 700MHz to 3.3GHz (GSM, UMTS, 2G, 3G, 4G, and early-stage 5G).
- Sophisticated Source Identification via its Directional LogPer antenna – readings and audio indicators increase when the antenna is pointed in the direction of, or moved closer to sources, targeted or otherwise).
- Audio Analysis via choice of audio tone: None; intensity proportional to field strength; or proportional to frequency (for analyzing pulsed signals)
- Select between “Full” (total signal strength) and “Pulse” (for only the amplitude modulated part of the signal, which minimizes the “noise” to a fraction of the normal level and is important for particularly weak/small signals).
- AC/DC Outputs for Data Logging Functions: modulated AC signal and normalised AC output for oscilloscopes, spectrum/FFT analyzers, and DC output (5mV DC or 10mV per digit) for thorough test site assessment through data logging. These also provide the interface with computers and the NFA 1000 Data Logger.
- Power Supply: Rechargeable battery (NIMH supplied) – compatible with 9 Volt alkaline battery
- Battery Recharging Unit: 12 VDC battery charger and instrument socket provided
- Battery Low Indicator: Meter will auto power-off 3 minutes following battery low signal display
- Auto Power Off: Saves on battery use – will auto–power off after 40 min of continuous EMF testing.
- Operating Time: Rechargeable high-power 9.6 Volt NIMH provides up to 8 hours continuous use. An alkaline disposable can provide for up to 24hrs continuous EMF testing
- Dimensions: 71x225x31 mm (WxLxH) – approx 2–3/4x9x1.25 inches
- Weight: Approx. 270 grams
- Carrying Case: Sturdy plastic storage/carrying case included (33x27x16) cm (13×10.6×6.2) inches
- User Guide: HF59B RF Analyzer
- Calibration certificate for each HF59B confirming factory calibration to a traceable standard.
- 2-year Warranty (return to factory)